Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Finally an update! haha!

Kaden is currently serving in Denton Texas. This is his 3rd area and he is with a brand new elder, Elder Aguirre. I had Kaden write a little something to update ya'all so this is from him. I was hopin ghe'd email so Ididnt have to type but that isn't the case so please forgive my typing errors and know that from now on the updates will be me summarizing what he has going on.

The spanish has been a blessing I still make mistakes here and there but for the most part I can speak and understand everything. I'm on a bkie all day everyday and I love it. It is ridiculously hot and I'm almost always sweaty, but I'm slowly starting to get used to it, so hopefully when I get back to Utah I will like never sweat. THe people here are amazing I don't get to see much classic Texas stuff cowboys, cows and stuff but I know a whole lot about Mexico. I eat spicy food non stop like non other now. I don't even have to test salsa or chilis before I eat them I just down it.

The scriptures really do have all the answers to whatever it is you are going through especially the Book of Mormon.  I learn new scriptures daily that apply to me and what I am going through as well as the investigators. At the beginning of my mission there were a lot of things holding me back, mainly myself. I was afraid of reaching my full potential as a missionary because I didn't want to become weird or boring in other words I was being selfish.  If the mission has changed one thing about me it is that I care about other people more than I care about myself and that I find happiness when others are happy.
Elder Keller

Elder Keller truly is growing and magnifying his calling. So often we hold back for fear that we will offend others. When the only person we are short changing is ourselves. How can we uplift others when we are holding back. Lift the bushel and let your light so shine. That is one of the greatest lessons I have learned from Elder Keller.

Jeanna Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment